The library is Tallapoosa County's passport acceptance facility. Passport applications are accepted from 10 am - 4 pm on Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday, and Wednesday from 10 am - 5 pm. Please call or email us to make an appointment.
For more information and the latest processing times, check the U.S. Department of State website. See this link for frequently asked questions about applying for a passport.
If you already have a passport, you may be able to renew it by mail. See this link for more information on renewals.
A passport photo must meet these requirements. The library now has on site photo service. Photos are available on Tuesday from 10 am – 4 pm, Wednesday 10 am – 5 pm, and Thursday 10 am – 3 pm. Times subject to change. Please call to verify or make an appointment.
- Requirements for first time applicants
- Requirements for minors ages 16 and 17
- Requirements for children under age 16
Children under age 16 must be accompanied by both parents/guardians. If one parent is unable to appear in person, an additional notarized form is required. If there is only one parent/guardian, evidence of sole authority to apply for the child must be submitted with the application. See this link for more information on parental consent.
Fees include the passport fee, an execution fee, and optional expediting and photo fees. You will need to make two payments, one to the U.S. Department of State and one to the Horseshoe Bend Regional Library. Payments to the State Department can only be made by check or money order. The library accepts cash, money orders, or checks.
- Passport fees, ages 16 and older:
- Passport book: $110
- Passport card (cannot be used for air travel): $30
- Both: $140
- Passport fees, under age 16:
- Passport book: $80
- Passport card (cannot be used for air travel): $15
- Both: $95
- Execution fee: $25 cash, check, or money order made out to Horseshoe Bend Regional Library. Multiple processing fees may be combined into one check. May be combined with photo fee.
- Photo fee: $15 cash, check, or money order made out to Horseshoe Bend Regional Library. Multiple photo fees may be combined into one check. May be combined with execution fee.
- Expedited processing fees: additional $60 for each application.
- Overnight shipping: $15.45 one way.